This week’s comic is about how there are 50 days until Halloween, and yet every supermarket is already full of PUMPKIN EVERYTHING and OCTOBERFEST. The only thing they don’t seem to have out yet is apple cider, and that’s the one thing I actually want right now. And apple cider donuts. Hot ones.
I mean, some pumpkin stuff is delicious. Shipyard nailed pumpkin beer. Pumpkin pie — delicious. But 1. it’s too early. And 2. the sheer amount of pumpkin flavored items is overkill at this point.
Anyway, I actually had more ideas for this comic but not enough time to draw them all:
- Self driving pumpkin — not there yet but in 2019 they’ll be released.
- Hurricane pumpkin (too soon) — leaves pumpkin scented devastation in its wake.
- Napumpkinalene — detox from opioids through the magic of pumpkins. Chemically it does nothing for you, but what goes better with cold turkey than pumpkin?
- Pumpkin wall — illegal immigrants can stay in this country if they help build a wall made of pumpkins to keep everyone else out.
- Octoberfist (this one is R-rated) — a girl in a German waitress costume fists you while you bite down on a pumpkin