This was from some dude in the airforce, regarding the Dustinland on the new American Gladiators.
I too saw the first episode of the new AG, and I must say your comic was spot on! Here I was all excited to see people run that course with the big Nerf ball guns, but I couldn’t even sit though it that long. All the gladiators seem to be total ‘roid heads who were rejected from T&A Smack Down, or whatever its called. And yes the 14 years dude was the straw that broke my camel back.
Great comic strip overall Sir, keep it up!
12/30/07: Some really nice person decided to hack my page and bounce all my readers over to a page that sells Viagra. In case you missed it, here’s what it looked like. Good times!
12/13/07: The Dorm of the Deaf Dustinland made it to No. 3 on Reddit.com today. Big thanks to the star of the show, Jan-Karl. And from a quick check around the web, it seems the strip was mostly well-received in the deaf community, so that’s good. Here’s some fanmail:
Dorm of the Deaf is so effing funny! I myself am deaf and I just laughed my ass off. I apologize for the majority of inconsiderate deaf pricks. Thanks for making my day! That comic is spreading like wildfire thru the deaf community. I’m from RIT and it’s the talk of the campus or so to speak. Thought you would like to know that other people are appreciating it as well.
Some guy is apparently not pleased with one of my Cracked articles, and titled a blog post in my honor.
9/17/07: 20 Worst Album Titles Ever article runs on Cracked.com. I wrote this with my buddy Jay Newman. Sadly Cracked heavily edited the original version and inserted a lot of their own humor, but whatever. At least it seems to be doing well on Digg.
8/15/07: Check out some volunteer work I did for a great non-profit organization, Sustainable South Bronx. And check out their website because they’re out there every day doing some great things in the Bronx, from planting trees to making sure the city cracks down on polluters and regulates air quality.
5/3/07: Where The Bees At blog about dying bees and the end of the world launched.
5/23/07: In a bizarre twist of fate, I was a guest on the 102.5 WDVE morning show in Pittsburgh to talk about the bee blog. It lasted three minutes and it was quite awkward! Transcript here.
• 6/5/07: The 10 Funniest Performances of Eurovision 2007 article featured on Cracked.com
• 3/28/07: 25 Worst Rapper Names of All Time article featured on Cracked.com. You can also check out the slightly less funny (and more heavily edited) piece regarding the State of the Afro in Music. And quickly, a few words to the some of the rap article’s online critics: 1. Just because I said they have bad names doesn’t mean I’m saying they’re bad rappers. 2. I listen to plenty of hip-hop. 3. I feel sorry for you if you can’t understand why someone would make fun of the name Shorty Shitstain.
• 11/17/06: Suggested Titles for O.J.’s Next 16 Books piece featured on Cracked.com. VH1’s Best Week Ever site picks it up.
• 11/15/06: The Five Most Unintentionally Funny Albums of 2006 article featured on Cracked.com. Music nerds soon debate the list on Stereogum, predictably rallying around Belle & Sebastian and surprisingly in favor of DragonForce as well.
• 10/25/06: Emo vs. Grunge Fashion Showdown article featured on Cracked.com
• 6/4/07: “Rex in the City” comic on the Bodies exhibit featured in the July issue of MAD Magazine
• 4/17/07: Dustinland about the media response to the Virginia Tech shootings makes it to the Digg top 10.
• 4/3/07: Luxury condos Dustinland featured on Gothamist and Cardinals bashing Birdy featured on Metsblog.
• 4/2/07: Dustinland.com is participating in URB Magazine’s online Coachella scavenger hunt! Click the link “hidden” somehwere on the site and play to win a free trip to the California music festival featuring Rage Against the Machine, Bjork and a bazillion other bands.
• 3/6/07: The Dustinland about music critic Tom Breihan gets props from hip-hop blog The Rap Up leading the man himself to give it a mention in his Village Voice blog. The strip also gets a shout out from Krishtine de Leon (one of the contestants on MTV’s I’m From Rollingstone reality show) on her blog.
• 2/6/07: Dustinland featured on Brooklyn Vegan.
• 1/30/07: Dustinland nominated to be nominated for The Eagle Awards 2006: Favourite Web-Based Comic!
• 10/18/06: CBGB’s Dustinland is featured on Stereogum.com, Gothamist.com, Cracked.com and ProductShopNYC.com
• 10/14/06: “Rex In The City” iPod comic is featured in the November issue of MAD magazine
• 9/15/06: “The Pandering Process” comic is featured in the October issue of MAD magazine
Hey, I’ve been reading your archives and just read High School Reunion. Is that really your ass in the last panel? Jesus, dude – you have an amazing, perfect ass. You should go to your next high school reunion in pantsless chaps. Think about it. It’s perfect.
Posted in Uncategorized